Friday, June 14, 2013

cider and cider and BANANAS!

Everyone has been raving about just how great this cider is. Angry Orchard. So I thought I would give it a whirl and see what all the fuss was about. I had a choice of regular or....something new. Ginger! Ginger can be very refreshing and clean tasting. I was super excited about it! Get home, pop the top....and disappointment sets in. The cider itself was great. Smooth, but not crisp like I was expecting. It had a nice over all body. But, at this point the other five are still sitting in my fridge. I see some wonderful beer recipes coming from them though! I'm excited to cook with them!

Now, me being the smart lady that I am, thought to bring home another beer I had hoped we would get in.
Fox Barrel has put out some amazing pear ciders! They have that crispness and the fullness of the flavors they portray! I've had their Apricot Pear which is what has me hooked! A crisp mellow flavor engulfed my taste buds. I drank the four pack that same night! So, when I heard there was a Blackberry! I about fell through the floor! I hadn't realized we had already gotten it in. Someone brought it to the counter and I became super excited! After immediately getting my own four pack and getting home.Popping that top...oh the sweet fresh scent blackberry and that fresh cider smell. It engulfed my senses and sent my smile soaring! From the first sip to the last it was as if I was tasting fresh plump blackberries straight off the vine! Deliciousness in a bottle my dears! I have not a single complaint about this one! Well, maybe except the silly fact it comes as a four pack and not a six!

Wells Banana Bread Beer- "Tempting banoffee aromas tempered by a grassy, lemony nose all leading to a finely balanced, fresh, delicate flavour of peppery hops with a lingering dry finish." -Straight from the horse's mouth. This is not a sweet beer my dears. I couldn't have put it better myself. It is delicious, but not something I'll drink the whole bottle of. I have plans to stick it in the fridge and make banana bread out of it tomorrow! Keep in mind I like the sweet and fruity stuff. This is one of those 50-50 things. You just have to try it and see what you think! It is very well brewed!

Happy drinking!
Dottie ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment