Friday, June 14, 2013

Barefoot Refresh!

Barefoot has come out with a delightful new wine to add to their collection!
We've had their regular cork wine! We've had their Champagne!
And now we have an in between! It's called Refresh! 

So far there are four flavors. From Dry to Sweet!
-Crisp White
-Sweet White
-Summer Red
-Perfectly Pink

One of my favorite things about Refresh flavors is the natural slight bubbly it has! You can see all the exclamation points right? THAT'S BECAUSE I'M THIS EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!!! 

It really is the perfect summer wine! It was suggested to try over ice. It was just as delicious if not better. So if you can't find this cold.....pour it over ice when you get home! Worried it will get watered down? I doubt it will last long enough in the glass after the first sip! Mine sure as hell didn't!

The only flavor I haven't tried is the Perfectly Pink. But, I'm sure it is to be just as amazing as the rest!

Crisp White- For all of my Chardonnay drinkers! This is the Refresh for you. It is sweeter then the average chard. At the same time it isn't sugary sweet. Just an ever so slight touch to it! This was the lightest of the flavors. Defiantly my top pick for a hot summer day right after work or with dinner!

Sweet White- Peaches and Apricots. These flavors first jumped out at me! Then there was an underlying citrus flavor. Such a delicate balance of flavors! This was closer to a moscato level of sweetness.

Summer Blend- Flavors of red moscato and sangria run rampant through this bottle! Not overly sweet and yet just sweet enough! The complexity of flavors and layers that lie within are just mouth watering delicious! One of those bottles you just want to leave beside your chair after dinner and keep your glass full of ice and the wine flowing!

Perfectly Pink- I haven't tried this one yet. But, I'm sure it's just as good as the others!

A note about Barefoot's Moscatos

Moscato- (green label)- I really don't care for their plain Moscato. It doesn't carry the smoothness of other moscatos for the same price. Or for just a few bucks more you can get a better quality one. This just didn't impress me one bit. To the point I in general suggest the pink or red moscato.

Pink Moscato- (Pink label)- Now this one is MUCH better! Very happy with how they smoothed out the flavor. The ever so soft flavoring this one has is delicious. Light but with a bit of body at the same time!

Red Moscato- (red Label)- When I tried this moscato, I was floored with how they had hit it right on the head! The balance between flavor and sweetness is perfect. The overall smoothness was impressive! This moscato has a soft full body. I actually prefer it over some of the other more expensive red moscatos I've tried.

Be sure to check out their website for drink recipes and other flavors!
Barefoot Wine

I hope this helped you guys out!
Happy drinking!
Dottie ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment