Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Drunken Dunc Your Hine Lemon Cake

Yep I do think the title is hilarious!!!! And yes I came up with it all on my own by my little self!
-Laughs my ass off!-
The whole thought process to this cake was really simple. I had bought a 12 pack of Leinenkugal's Lemon Shandy home.....the problem was they were cans. Hubby doesn't like it in the cans. Meh, I say to myself. Thinking I had done something really sweet and thoughtful...it backfires. So now I have over a 6 pack of this stuff just sitting there. Damn it! What to do what to do. Because I like the shandy on tap instead of bottled or canned. Weird right? Yep, I think so to. But, anyways....there they are....what to do what to do. Ah yes! I like to cook and bake! Beer chocolate just didn't appeal to me.....so the next best thing......CAKE!!! Woohoo! It's on like donkey kong I tell you!
..... What's that you say....get on with it? OH my....no need to be like that! Hahahaha! But to get to the point. I didn't want to spend all day in the kitchen and spending a lot of money on ingredients. Lemon cake mix hit me in the face and I finally figured it out!
All I did was substitue the water for beer and baked it.
It was AH-MAZING!!!!!!!
Sprinkled some powered sugar over it and served it warm. I had mine with Vanilla yogurt and thuoght it tasted even BETTER! It was moist but at the same time not moist enough. It was a hit with my guiene pigs....ooops I mean Co-workers! -winks-
Grab your favorite brand of mix and get your bake on!
It's going to make any day beautiful!
Dottie ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment