Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quick healthy snack

Have ya ever noticed  how the 'easy' thing to eat is normally the unhealthy choice?  With all the unhealthy choices out there that are cheaper and easier then the healthy things....ugh. It's a little irritating you know....when everyone tells you "oh eat healthy!" I just want to tell them, "You go buy my groceries and I will!!!" Meh on them and meh on the prices! Hahahaha!

 So, working on a family budget, with a hubby that enjoys splurging on us at times, I'm here to help figure out a few of the healthier type snacks/meals!

Today I made Fruit Pizza for my kiddos. Marilyn (3) kept picking up our package of flatbread saying she wanted pizza! It's first thing in the morning, I just woke up, and all I could tell her at first was to put the stupid thing down! After waking up a little bit more I began to think of how I could give her "pizza" for breakfast!

This is what I came up with!

Breakfast Pizza


1-Flat bread
1-Banana
1-Apple
Chocolate Peanut Butter (Jiff makes some in small to go containers which is great for the kids!)
Cinnamon

Spread as much or as little Chocolate Peanut Butter over the flat bread.
Slice thin pieces of banana and apple.
Use as much or as little as you want.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Slice as you would a pizza and serve!

Any extra fruit just serve on the side!OR Maybe with yogurt and granola for mama or dad!

Milk goes wonderfully with this as well!

My kids actually ate it and I thought it tasted AH-MAZING!!!!! Good luck with all the various creations in your future with this!!!

Dottie ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had thought to do this when my kids were little. Oh well I'll have to try on the grand kids!

    ReplyDelete