Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pool Party Beer Time!

Oh yes! It's that time of the year....well almost really. Some silly pools haven't opened yet! But fear Not!!!! There are plenty of Kiddie pools to go around! So go pick one up if you haven't, some comfy chairs and sit back and relax! It's what I'll be doing this year!

I've made it a point this past weekend to try a few beers I haven't tried yet. Super excited to share my tastings with you!

Bud Light Lime's- Lime-a-Rita:
This can surprised the shenanigans out of me! It was really good! I'm rather impressed with the products that Budweiser is coming out with here recently. They have quality as well as flavor! Which is a must for me.
This Lime a Rita though is a must over ice! It's to sweet just straight out of the can. I brought one to my mom in law's house to split it with her. We put it over shaved ice and it was amazing! Great margarita taste, a higher alcohol content of 8%,  with a delicious lime taste ending!

Mich Ultra:
Pomegranate Raspberry: I was rather disappointed with this one. I was expecting a great pomegranate flavor! All I tasted was slightly flavored smooth beer. Not what I was looking for. So I'm going to make some pomegranate flavored iced tea and mix it half and half with that. That will give me the flavor I was looking for while enjoying a smooth beer!

Dragon Fruit Peach: Now this was a pleasant surprise after first trying the Pomegranate! It had a wonderful peach flavor! Not to sweet and not to strong. I did add this to some tea...because the tea was awful....and Peach Tea was made!!! Loved it! This is one of my must try beers for the ladies. As well as for those that calorie count it does only have 95 cals in it.

Now what made me try these other two flavors you ask....well Mich Ultra's 19th Hole!!!
A blend of lemonade and tea with a smooth beer,.....heaven! But, it tastes so much better on ice then out of the can!

What's great to know:
Different companies are beginning to make cans available! Yeepee!
A few of my favorites:
Paulaner
Shock Top Lemon Shandy
Mike's Hard Black Cherry
Mich Ultra's 19th Hole
Bud's Lime-a-Rita

There are so many more! Just knowing will help you pick something out for the Pool come later on! This summer your choices aren't limited!!! Alright everyone. Careful now stepping in and out of those kiddies pools. We will find it hilarious if you fall on your face....but your face might not like you so much afterwards!
Good luck everyone!
Dottie ^_^
4-5-2012


No comments:

Post a Comment