Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Perfect Biscuit For Those Special Occasions.

This is one of my favorite homemade biscuits! I make them when I make my potato soup! It is the perfect combination of southern home cooking! Yum! These delicious soft biscuits pull apart so easily and using real butter on them is a match made in heaven! To fully understand my love of this biscuits please take the time to make them and indulge!

Try using real butter, honey, jelly, jam, and just good old potato soup!

Angel Biscuits


In small bowl:
  1/4 cup very warm water
    1 Tbls yeast
    sprinkle of sugar

In glass pitcher:
   2 cups buttermilk
Microwave for 3 minutes

In large bowl: Sift together:
   5 cups flour
   1/3 cup sugar
   1 tsp Baking Soda
   2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
   1 tsp salt

Cut in until mixture is crumbly:
   1 cup shortening
       OR
  2 sticks real butter

Add buttermilk and yeast mixture to the large bowl.
Mix well.

Put half of dough on well floured counter.
Shape into a 9-10" roll.
Cut into 12 slices and put into a lightly greased muffin tin.
Repeat with the other half.

Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen!

Since I don't keep buttermilk in my house on a regular basis, I normally just make a double batch of these! Then share with my family and friends! They will love you for it!
Dottie ^_^
12-6-2011

2 comments: