Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Graham Cracker Cookies

I haven't met anyone yet, that loves sweets, who doesn't like this cookie!

When I was younger I had taken over the baking in my family's kitchen! My mom had taught me well and gave me plenty of opportunities to expand my skills and knowledge. This was a particular favorite year round for taking to parties, church activities, and impressing my brother's friends! ;) Having made this recipe so many times I've actually memorized it! It's that simple and easy!

So onward to this easy recipe!

Graham Cracker Cookies


2 Sticks real butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
6 oz (1 cup) Chocolate chips
1 Pkg graham crackers

Preheat Oven to 350.
Line cookie sheet (15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1") with foil-up and over the edges.
Line the graham crackers- divided into 1/4's -leaving a little space between them.

In a sauce pan, boil butter and brown sugar for 1 minute.
Pour mixture over the crackers. Make sure all of the crackers are covered.
Sprinkle pecans over this.
Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
As they soften spread carefully over the crackers.
Refrigerate or freeze until they are rock hard.
Remove the foil carefully.
Then karate chop the cookies into smaller pieces!

Now, I actually use a full 12oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips because I like chocolate!!!
A trick, as you preheat the oven and before you break up the crackers, put the sugar and butter on the stove on the lowest heat setting. So that it is melted by the time you finish with the crackers and ready to boil!

This is just a fun simple cookie! So just have fun!
Dottie ^_^
12-6-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment