Monday, November 14, 2011

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup!

I love easy to make items! Especially since I have two kids, a hubby, and I work full time! With the cold weather heading into Georgia it's time to pull out my soup making skills! A few things I especially love in my kitchen are my Kitchen Aid mixer, my large crock pot and my small crock pot! These items are great time savers and well worth investing into!

Simple has a tendency to bring out those flavors in food that we miss when we make complex delicious meals. I actually put this recipe together when I had a bag of fresh carrots and a bag of fresh celery just sitting in my fridge that needed to be used and fast! Now keep in mind this is just a really basic down to earth soup. Simple. But, don't forget you can add more things to it to add complexity and your own personal touch!

For a small Crock Pot.

Boil 3 boneless chicken breasts
Adjust vegetables to taste:
8 oz frozen carrots
8 oz frozen celery and onion mix
Generous sprinkling of each:
  Garlic powder
  Onion powder
  Papirika
  Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

Place the vegetables in the bottom of the Crock Pot.
Pour some of the chicken stock you just made over it.
Go ahead and turn the crock pot on high.
Shred the hot chicken with two forks (or fingers if you are brave enough!) and add to the pot!
Add your seasonings and any additional veggies or other choice bits!
Add the hot chicken stock carefully to the crock pot til it is full.
Carefully stir and leave it alone til Dinner time.

When you are ready to eat, use Chicken Ramen Noodles. The easiest way I've found to cook them is in the microwave.

Use a quart dish half full of water.
Break the ramen into quarters and add to the water.
Set the seasoning packets to the side.
Microwave for 6 minutes.
Do Not Drain.
Carefully pull the dish out, stir the noodles and dish them into 2-4 bowls.
Add the seasoning packets evenly between the bowls.
Pour your delicious soup over the noodles and stir blending everything.
Add more of the ramen noodle water if you run out of broth!

                           (hehehe....that is my half eaten bowl. I didn't
                                              think to take a picture
                                         until I was halfway through!)

Serve with Saltine crackers and enjoy!
Dottie ^_^
11/14/11

1 comment:

  1. I love you for always being "vegan conscious" (:
    This sounds super tasty!

    ReplyDelete