Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Liqueur Truffles

Love chocolate as much as I do? Love liqueurs? Combine the two together and you have a piece of Heaven here on earth! Godiva happens to have some of my favorite chocolates. But, who wants to spend that kind of money on something so delicious all the time? Not I! So instead grab a 12-14oz bag of your favorite white chocolate! Then grab your favorite cream liqueur such as Bailey's or St. Brenden's Irish Cream! It is as simple as that. Follow these easy few steps and BAM!!! Deliciousness to share or to keep to yourself!

With it being the Holidays, Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors. Especially since I was introduced to this Pumpkin Liqueur! So Pumpkin Truffles are what I created!

2 bags-12-14oz white chocolate
1/3 cup Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Liqueur
(or for my non-drinkers 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream instead)

I prefer to use a double boiler so that my chocolate stays smooth and evenly melts. I actually don't have one so I used a mid sized pot boiling water in it.  Then placed a glass pyrex casserole dish on top of that to

Melt 1 bag of chocolate and the liqueur.

Be sure to blend the two together completely! It will be a nice solid color.

Allow the glass to cool a bit (5 min) before placing it into the fridge to begin to harden, so that you are able to make small balls out of the stiffened mixture. about 1 hour.

I would wash my hands throughout the process because it would stick to my palms destroying the next ball I attempted to form.

After using the entire mixture, place the small balls into the freezer.

Use the same pyrex dish...don't bother to wash it. It's all the stuff!.....for the double boiler to melt the other bag of chocolate.

Once the chocolate is melted pull the balls from the freezer and one by one roll it around in the chocolate with a spoon.

Freezing the balls first help them to keep from melting as you roll them in the hot melted chocolate.

Place them right back on the plate you just use!
Let the chocolate harden and then share or hide them!

If you don't plan on using all of them freeze the ones you wish to save for another time. It doesn't change the taste of them. Just let them sit at room temperature for a few hours to de-thaw completely. Eating this delicious treat at room temperature is the best way to have the full mouth watering experience and flavor!

Dottie ^_^
10/29/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment