Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lemon Cookie (vegan adaptable)

Love Lemon Cookies?
Are you Vegan?
Not Vegan no biggie!
Do I ever have a recipe for you!

I have a friend who is vegan and I have made it a hobby of mine to find and create new recipes for her! So to say the least when I found this Vegan Lemon Cookie recipe online I was EXCITED! Then to say how disappointed I was with it...yea meh.

I didn't give up though. I had a base recipe to work with and adjust! The following link is the....not so good recipe.
 http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-lemon-cookies-438624

After making the adjustments this soft cookie has a texture that is a blend of a shortbread cookie and a scone! I love it! After you zest your lemons and squeeze the juice needed....look below the cookie recipe for my Lemon tea recipe to drink with this delicious cookie!

I am not vegan so I used real butter for my cookies. Just substitute a vegan butter instead!

Dottie's Lemon Cookies (Vegan Adaptable) 


Sift dry ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
zest 4 lemons (add the zest after you sift the dry ingredients)

3/4 cup Real or Vegan Butter  (cut butter into the dry ingredients until it is crumbling and well mixed)

Add Liquid Ingredients and mix well:
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
4 tsp Lemon extract

Drop 1 teaspoon of batter about 2" apart. About 1 dozen drops per a pan works for me.
Bake at 350 for 8-11 minutes.
This makes about 2 dozen cookies.




Lemon Tea


2 Lemons (or if you are making the recipe above use those lemons!)
4 cups water
Honey or agave
Coffee Pot

Slice and Squeeze your lemons directly into the coffee pot...then place the lemon rinds into the pot as well!
Start  your coffee pot and let it soak over night!
(Let the lemons soak for at least 30 minutes. the longer you let it soak the better it will taste!)
Add honey to your hot tea and enjoy with your cookies!


Try adding an orange as well.

I Hope you guys enjoy!
Dottie ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I love your little vegan hobby and I can't wait to try these! (; I adore lemon-everything so I'm sure they'll be a new favorite!

    ReplyDelete